This is my first time infusing with cannabis distillate but with the sous vide method, it's business as usual but without the straining of the buds/trim at the end. With distillate, each package is marked with the exact dosage and all you need is a small drop for this recipe. You can make it as light or as strong as you'd like. There's no baking involved but you get baked!
Sous Weed Pumpkin Cheesecake
Makes 1 cheesecake
Ingredients for Cheesecake base
• 8oz cream cheese – softened
• 1 drop cannabis distillate (or you can use 2 Tbsp kief)
• 2 Tbsp sour cream
• ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
• ¼ cup pumpkin puree
• ½ Tbsp pumpkin spice
• 1 large egg
• 1/3 cup brown sugar
• ½ tsp vanilla bean paste or extract
• 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
Ingredients for crust:
• 10 Graham crackers – crushed
• 1/3 cup Melted butter (or canna-butter for extra potency)
• 1/3 cup Sugar
1. Set up sous vide water bath and turn temperature to 77ºC (170ºF).
2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk an egg until light and frothy. Add in sugar and lemon zest to the beaten egg and continue whisking. Beat in the softened cream cheese, sour cream, heavy cream, pumpkin puree, pumpkin spice, and all-purpose flour into the egg mixture until smooth.
3. Pour the cream cheese mixture into a gallon sized zip bag. Add a drop of cannabis distillate or kief. Seal and remove air using the water displacement method and sous vide for 2 hours.
3. In a food processor, puree Graham Crackers, melted butter, and sugar until fully incorporated. Take a 9’” springform cake mold and grease with soft butter. Pat the Graham Cracker mixture down flat to create a crust. Refrigerate until ready to assemble cheesecake.
4. Remove cheesecake base from the water bath after 2 hours. Give the bag a good massage to evenly distribute the THC. You can even put it through a blender to make the base more uniform.
5. Pour the cheesecake base into the Graham Cracker crust. Use a spatula to smooth it out. Refrigerate for at least an hour to set. Serve with a sprinkle of pumpkin spice and flaky finishing salt.