I took my super dank dulce de leche and made a caramel pot de creme topped with mix berries and flaky finishing salt. It's creamy, dreamy, sweet & salty--the perfect ending to a meal!
Salted Caramel Pot de Creme
Makes five 8oz jars
• 2 cups heavy whipping cream
• 1/2 cup whole milk
• 6 egg yolks
• 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
• 3 Tbsp dank dulce de leche
• 2 Tbsp coffee
• 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
• Berries to garnish
• Flaky finishing salt to garnish (I used Maldon)
1. In a saucepan over medium-high heat, stir cream and milk until it starts to steam. Turn off heat and whisk in brown sugar, dank dulce de leche, coffee and vanilla.
2. Gently whisk in egg yolks one by one until everything is incorporated.
3. Set sous vide water bath to 80ºC (176ºC) and prepare your five 8oz canning jars.
4. Fill each jar with the cream mixture to about an inch from the lid. Seal the jars and submerge in the water bath and sous vide for 2.5 hours.
5. Remove from water bath and let cool to room temperature on a towel on the counter before transferring to the refrigerator. Cool in the refrigerator at least 3 hours before serving.
6. To serve, garnish with a sprinkle of flaky sea salt and a handful of berries. Enjoy!