Pump, pump, pump up your pumpkin pie game this Danksgiving! This recipe is jam-packed with flavors of ginger, Chinese five-spice, and a dulce de leche that's been infused with cannabis from our friends at Potbox. It's a great way to remix a basic pumpkin pie and end an epic Thanksgiving meal! Happy holidays, y'all!
Krunk Pumpkin Pie
Makes 1 Pie
• ½ cup firmly packed brown sugar
• ¾ tsp kosher salt
• 1½ tsp ground cinnamon
• 1½ tsp Chinese five-spice powder
• 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger root, or 1 teaspoon ground ginger
• 1 cup dank dulce de leche
• ¾ cup whole milk
• 2 large eggs
• 15 oz pumpkin purée (canned or fresh)
• 1 pre-baked pie crust, store-bought or homemade
• whipped cream, to serve (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 325ºF.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together brown sugar, salt, and spices to combine. Next whisk in the dulce de leche, followed by the whole milk, eggs, then pumpkin, mixing to combine before making each addition.
3. Pour pumpkin mixture into the pre-baked pie shell and smooth the surface.
4. Bake for 45-55 minutes, until filling sets and barely jiggles when gently shaken.
5. Remove pie from oven and leave at room temperature until completely cool, about 2 hours. Slice and serve with whipped cream, or refrigerate to serve later.
*Have a safe and chill Thanksgiving! Always remember to label your medicated items properly and keep away from children. Start small with your edibles and wait 30-60 minutes for full effects before you have a second serving!