Here's a quick & easy medicated treat that looks pretty in a gift box and is guaranteed to be a hit at your next holiday party. This medicated caramel turtle bark is sweet, salty, ooey gooey and loaded with crunchy nuts. I don't eat a lot of sweets but I am definitely looking forward to my next piece this evening!
Medicated Salted Caramel Turtle Bark
• 1/2 cup Sous Weed Canna-butter
• 1 cup brown sugar
• 1/4 cup honey
• 7 ounces sweetened condensed milk
• 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
• 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
• 1 cup chopped pecan
• 1 cup pistachio bits
• 2 cups semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips, I used Guittard
• 1 teaspoon coconut oil
• Maldon Salt - garnish
1. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the pecan and pistachios across the paper in a single layer.
2. In a saucepan, combine the butter, brown sugar, honey, milk and kosher salt over medium heat. When the mixture has melted together and is smooth, increase the heat to medium high and continue stirring constantly with a wooden spoon. Once the mixture comes to a rolling boil, remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla. This step takes about 5 minutes and the caramel should be a light brown color.
3. Pour the caramel mixture over the nuts in an even layer. Use a spatula to spread it across if needed. Chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
4. Melt the chocolate and the coconut oil in a small mixing bowl in the microwave. Use 50% power for 2 – 2 1/2 minutes, stopping to stir after the first minute and then every 30 seconds as needed. Stir until chocolate has completely melted.
5. Pour the melted chocolate over the top of the caramel and pecans and spread across the caramel with a spatula. Top with a thin layer of crunchy Maldon Salt. Chill in the refrigerator an additional 30 minutes, until the chocolate is firm.
6. Remove parchment paper to lift the bark onto a cutting board. Use a sharp knife to slice into pieces. Keep cool in the refrigerator until you enjoy!
*Have a safe and chill New Year! Always remember to label your medicated items properly and keep away from children. With edibles, start with a small piece and wait 30-60 minutes for full effects before you have a second serving!