These little caramels make miso happy! They're perfect for gifting and keeping the peace during the holidays. They also take less than 30 minutes to make if you have all the ingredients on hand!
Miso Medicated Caramels
Makes 50 bite-sized caramels
• 1 cup brown sugar
• 1/2 vanilla bean, split and seeds scraped
• 1/2 can sweetened condensed milk, 7 oz
• 1/2 cup Sous Weed Canna-butter
• 1/4 cup honey
• 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
• 1 Tbsp miso paste, I used yuzu-infused miso
• Maldon Salt - garnish
1. Lightly oil wax paper and lay inside a 9 x 13-inch baking pan.
2. Combine the brown sugar, vanilla bean, condensed milk, honey, miso paste, and cannabutter in a heavy-bottomed saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly with a heat-resistant rubber spatula or wooden spoon. Continue stirring while cooking until the batch reaches 245ºF.
3. Once it reaches temp, remove from heat and stir in the kosher salt.
4. Pour the caramel into the oiled pan and allow to cool for 5 minutes before topping with crunchy Maldon salt. Refrigerate to cool completely for 30 minutes.
5. Remove the sheet of caramels from the pan and cut into the desired size pieces using a sharp knife and wrapped in plastic wrap or wax paper.
6. Keep refrigerated!
*Have a safe and chill New Year! Always remember to label your medicated items properly and keep away from children. With edibles, start with a small piece and wait 30-60 minutes for full effects before you have a second serving!