They say coconut oil fixes everything from dry skin to cavities to bad credit... so I infused cannabis in it and poured it over my entire life. Coconut oil is pretty great but it's even better when it's got cannabis in it. It's like The Avengers coming together with all their superpowers combined plus, it's easy to make with the sous vide method and ultra stealthy.
Medicated Coconut Oil
Makes 16 oz
• 16 oz coconut oil
• 1/4 - 1/2 oz cannabis clippings/trim or flowers (add more or less depending on your desired potency)
1. First you need to decarb your trim to activate the THC. You can decarb using the sous vide method or you can wrap the trim in foil and place in the oven at 310ºF for 10-18 minutes. You know it's ready when it starts smelling like a Christmas tree.
2. Set your sous vide water bath to 85ºC (185ºF).
3. Pour the coconut oil in a large canning jar and add the warm, decarbed trim. Seal the jar and place into the water bath to sous vide for 4 hours to fully infuse.
4. After 4 hours, gently remove jar from water bath and let cool.
5. Strain out the trim and discard.
6. Keep the oil in a cool dark place or in the fridge.
*Note: The amount of cannabis coconut oil specified in this recipe is a very loose suggestion; the actual amount you use should be modified based on the strength of your coconut oil and the potency you desire. Dosing homemade edibles can be tricky, so the best way to test for potency is to start with one portion of a serving, in this case, one teaspoon, and wait one to two hours, then make an informed decision on whether to consume more. Always dose carefully and listen to your body, and never drive under the influence of cannabis.