Silly rabbit, pot is for adults! But seriously, this recipe is perfect for anyone who wants a filling meal that's easy to make and fun to share--just not with the kiddies! Blaze it and praise it!
Medicated Chocolate Rabbit Ragu
• 1/2 lb Rabbit legs and thighs
• 1/4 cup shallots - diced
• 1/4 cup carrots - diced
• 1/4 cup celery - diced
• 3 Tbsp tomato paste
• 1/4 medicated chocolate bar - I used Kiva Confections (15g THC)
• 1 cup dry red wine, like pinot noir
• 1/4 cup olive oil
• 3 Tbsp butter
• Salt and pepper
• Parsley - garnish
1. Set sous vide water bath to 64ºC (147.2ºF)
2. Seal rabbit legs with butter using the water displacement method and sous vide for 2 hours.
3. Remove from water bath and shred the meat. Discard the bones.
4. In a cast iron over medium-high heat, Sauté onions, carrots, celery until soft. Add tomato paste, shredded rabbit meat, and mix well.
5. Add red wine and reduce until 1/2 of the liquid is gone. Remove from heat, add in medicated chocolate, and mix until fully incorporated. Salt and pepper to taste.
6. Serve over pasta and garnish with parsley.