Happiness is warm lard. This sous vide medicated lard is perfect for making the flakiest pastries, roasting veggies, or simply smeared on a piece of rustic bread instead of butter. Next time you make breakfast, think twice before you toss out that bacon fat!
Sous Vide Cannabis-Infused Lard
• 16oz lard - warmed (I got mine from Fatted Calf)
• 1 oz cannabis clippings/trim or flowers (add more or less depending on your desired potency)
1. Pour warmed lard in two 12oz mason jars. It is important to use jars specific to canning, so please no repurposed mayo jars. Inspect the jar for cracks. A freezer-safe zip bag may be used as well.
2. Decarb your cannabis to activate the THC and pour half into each jar of lard. Seal the jars finger tight.
3. Set your sous vide water bath to 85ºC (185ºF).
4. Once the sous vide water bath has reached its temp, gently place the jars in the water bath.
5. Sous vide for 4 hours. Remove from water bath and strain. Discard the clippings and allow the infused lard to cool. Store in the fridge.