Elevate your steak night with this chimichurri made from fresh cannabis leaves! If you didn't know, cannabis is a tasty, nutrient-dense veggie that also has beneficial cannabinoids (at least 85!) which help your body maintain internal stability. According to Dr. William Courtney, raw cannabis is a very potent medicine without the psychoactive components one would normally experience when heating the plant. Do you think cannabis will be the new kale? *fingers crossed!*
Fresh Cannabis Chimichurri
Makes about 2 cups
• 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
• 1 teaspoon sea salt, plus more to taste
• 4 garlic cloves
• 1 small shallot, halved
• 1 red jalapeño, seeds removed
• 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley, stems removed
• 1/4 cup raw cannabis leaves, stems removed
• 2 tablespoons fresh oregano
• 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
• Juice of 1/2 lemon
1. Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
2. Salt to taste.
3. Serve on skirt steak or roast chicken!
Many thanks to our friends at Potbox for the fresh leaves!