This is a simple stove-top method to make cannabis-infused honey. I whipped up two batches using Humboldt Legend's White OG and Sage OG. This honey is great for lightly sweetening your desserts, teas, and cocktails.
This particular method requires a lot of babysitting and will definitely stink up your home but it's an alternative way to infuse your cannabis if you don't have a sous vide machine. If you do have a machine, go for the more hands-off, discreet route and sous vide your weed!
• 1 cup filtered water
• 2 cups honey, I used raw
• 2 g ground cannabis, decarbed (more or less depending on your tolerance)
1. Bring water to boil in a small saucepan then reduce the temperature down low to about 160ºF.
2. Add honey into the water and stir until it melts into the water.
3. Add the cannabis, cover the saucepan, and simmer for 40 minutes, stirring constantly.
4. Remove from heat, strain with cheesecloth or a fine mesh strainer.
*Note: The amount of cannabis honey specified in this recipe is a very loose suggestion; the actual amount you use should be modified based on the strength of your honey and the potency you desire. Dosing homemade edibles can be tricky, so the best way to test for potency is to start with one portion of a serving, in this case, one teaspoon, and wait one to two hours, then make an informed decision on whether to consume more. Always dose carefully and listen to your body, and never drive under the influence of cannabis.