It's tomato season and it's hot af--perfect timing for a flavor-packed, medicated gazpacho that's filled with charred peppers and sweet tomatoes. This dish is easy to whip up and easy to make medicated or unmedicated for those who don't want to partake. This also makes a good base for a Bloody Mary Jane ;)
Medicated Charred Tomato Gazpacho
• 2lbs ripe tomatoes, halved
• 1 green bell pepper, halved & seeded
• 3 large garlic cloves
• 1 Persian cucumber, cubed
• 3 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
• 3/4 tsp smoked paprika
• 1/4 cup medicated olive oil
• Salt and cracked pepper to taste
• Mint, as garnish
1. Place tomatoes, peppers, and garlic cloves on a baking sheet and broil on high for 5 minutes until lightly charred.
2. Add the roasted veggies, fresh cucumber, apple cider vinegar, paprika into a blender and puree until smooth.
3. Salt and pepper to taste.
4. Chill until ready to serve.
5. Serve with a Tbsp of medicated olive oil drizzled on top. Garnish with more finishing salt, cracked pepper, and mint.