A Song of Ice and Fire: A Mezcal Collab with Elise McRoberts
It's mezcal Monday! At our latest Galentine's, the ladies and I whipped up a smoky mezcal margarita with a spicy Sous Weed agave infused with jalapeños and Batch Seven's 501 OG. If you toss in a raw cannabis leaf, you get the lovely medicinal properties of THCA and a kickass green color. Also, I really just miss Game of Thrones.
Sous Vide Spicy Agave
Makes 2 cups
• 2 cups agave nectar
• 6g crushed flowers, add more or less depending on desired potency
• 1 jalapeño, sliced
1. Take your crushed flowers and use the sous vide decarb method to maximize the THC potency.
2. Set your sous vide water bath to 85ºC (185ºF).
3. Pour your agave into a mason jar or freezer-safe zip-seal bag and mix in the decarbed cannabis and jalapeño slices. Seal the jar and gently submerge into your water bath. Sous vide for 2 hours.
4. After two hours, remove from water bath and strain.
5. Use in cocktails for a kick! Keep in fridge.
A Song of Ice and Fire Cocktail
• 2 oz mezcal
• 1 oz Ancho Reyes Verde
• 1/2 oz fresh lime juice
• 1/2 oz Sous Weed spicy agave, recipe above
• 1 cannabis leaf, optional
• Cup of ice
1. Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until slushy.
2. Garnish with a hot pepper and cannabis leaf. Serve immediately.