We're going back to the basics! It's easy to infuse cannabis into your butters, fats, and oils with the sous vide technique. Once sealed in a mason jar, they can even be cooked in the same sous vide water bath because the cook time and temperature is the same. This technique is simple and discreet--no smell!
Sous Vide Cannabis-Infused Butter
• 16oz butter - melted
• 1 oz cannabis clippings/trim or flowers (add more or less depending on your desired potency)
1. Pour melted butter in two 12oz mason jars. It is important to use jars specific to canning, so please no repurposed mayo jars. Inspect the jar for cracks. A freezer-safe zip bag may be used as well.
2. Decarb your cannabis to activate the THC and pour 1/2 into each jar of warm butter. Seal the jars finger tight.
3. Set your sous vide water bath to 85ºC (185ºF).
4. Once the sous vide water bath has reached its temp, gently place the jars in the water bath.
5. Sous vide for 4 hours. Remove from water bath and strain. Discard the clippings and allow the infused butter to cool and solidify. Use the cannabis butter for cooking and baking.