Sous Vide Cannabis-Infused Butter
• 16oz butter - melted
• 1/4oz - 1/2 oz cannabis clippings/trim or flowers (add more or less depending on your desired potency)
1. Pour melted butter in two 12oz mason jars. It is important to use jars specific to canning, so please no repurposed mayo jars. Inspect the jar for cracks. A freezer-safe zip bag may be used as well.
2. Decarb your cannabis to activate the THC and pour 1/2 into each jar of warm butter. Seal the jars finger tight.
3. Set your sous vide water bath to 85ºC (185ºF).
4. Once the sous vide water bath has reached its temp, gently place the jars in the water bath.
5. Sous vide for 4 hours. Remove from water bath and strain. Discard the clippings and allow the infused butter to cool and solidify. Use the cannabis butter for cooking and baking.
*Note: The amount of cannabis butter specified in this recipe is a very loose suggestion; the actual amount you use should be modified based on the strength of your butter and the potency you desire. Dosing homemade edibles can be tricky, so the best way to test for potency is to start with one portion of a serving, in this case, one teaspoon, and wait one to two hours, then make an informed decision on whether to consume more. Always dose carefully and listen to your body, and never drive under the influence of cannabis.