My Bloody Mezcal-entine: A Collab with Elise McRoberts
Such an honor to have so many cannabis boss babes over for a medicated mezcal Galentine's meet-up in my kitchen studio. We've got a few recipes coming your way starting with this Bloody Mezcal-entine cocktail with my sous vide lemon verbena tincture made with Lemon Garlic OG from our buds at Sunset Connect.
Medicated Lemon Verbena Tincture
Makes 250ml (about 1 cup)
• 1 cup Everclear (or any high-proof liquor — at least 100 proof or 50% alcohol by volume)
• 6 grams ground, decarbed cannabis
• Peel of two lemons
• 1/2 cup dried lemon verbena leaves
1. Set your sous vide water bath to 70ºC.
2. Place all ingredients in a zip seal bag and seal using the water displacement method.
3. Submerge and sous vide for 1 hour.
4. Remove from water bath and let cool to room temperature before opening the bag. Strain out the solids and discard. Keep bitters in a bottle in a dark cabinet.
*Always start small when using bitters and tinctures. 2-4 drops and wait 30-60 minutes for full effects. Increase dosage if needed.
• 2 oz mezcal
• 4 oz blood orange juice
• 1/2 oz lemon juice
• 2-4 drops Sous Weed Lemon Verbena Tincture, recipe above
1. In a serving glass, combine mezcal, lemon juice, and lemon verbena tincture.
2. Top glass with large ice cube and slowly pour in blood orange juice.
3. Garnish with blood orange slices and serve immediately.