Green Goddess Flatbread: A Women in Weed Collab
Naan is my all-time favorite pizza hack. Trust me, I know what a treat it is to make fresh dough. But I'm lazy sometimes (...a lot.) And when I want pizza, I want it ASAP, not hours. These Green Goddess flatbread pizzas are ready in about 20 minutes so it doesn't get any better than that. Put them out as a bright and healthy appetizer or enjoy with glass of vino and call it dinner! I like to drizzle a little medicated olive oil on top for that extra green.
Green Goddess Flatbread Pizza
• 1 large shallot
• 1 Tbsp butter
• Pinch of salt and sugar
• 2 garlic naan
• 1/4 cup basil pesto
• 1 cup mixed greens
• 1 Tbsp hemp hearts
• 2 tsp medicated olive oil like Sous Weed or Pot d'Huile
• Nutritional yeast or grated parmesan, to garnish
• Red pepper flakes, to garnish
• Edible flowers, optional
• Salt and crushed pepper to taste
1. Pre-heat oven to 350º and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Peel shallots and cut lengthwise into 1/8-inch slices.
3. Heat a small pan over medium heat. Add butter and shallots. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt and sugar. Cook shallots until they begin to brown evenly, then turn heat down to low and continue to stir and cook for about 10 minutes.
4. Place naan on the baking sheet and spread 2 Tbsp of basil pesto on each piece. Top with caramelized onions.
5. Bake in the preheated oven until naan is crispy on the edges, about 8 minutes.
6. Remove from oven and top the pizza with mixed greens, hemp hearts, nutritional yeast or parmesan, red pepper flakes, and medicated olive oil. Edible flower petals are optional but add an additional pop of color. Salt and pepper to taste.
*Shout out to Kristen Winzent from Batch Seven for providing fresh and cured cannabis flower and leaves, Kyra Mueller-Yamamoto for her Land & Sea Raw Vegan cake made with the LEVO and Marley Natural CBD flower, Jacqwi Campbell for her Cucumber Jalapeno cocktail, and Erin from Mother Indica for her Curried Citrus Quinoa Salad + Roasted Beet Hummus with Elevated Gremolata.