CBD Chestnut Persimmon Creme Brulee: A Bloom Farms Collab
The first crack into a crème brûlée’s crisp caramelized top is one of my simple joys in life. This sous vide version is flavored with the season’s sweetest persimmons, roasted chestnuts, and infused with a CBD tincture from Bloom Farms*. By using the gentle cooking temperatures of the sous vide method for the custard, it will thicken without any worries of curdling. The result is a silky, delicate, show-stopping dessert to share during the upcoming holidays.
Sous Vide Chestnut Persimmon Creme Brûlée
• 1 ripe Fuyu persimmon, quartered
• 2 Tbsp roasted chestnut puree
• 6 large egg yolks
• ½ cup granulated sugar
• ½ tsp vanilla extract
• pinch of kosher salt
• 1 ½ cups heavy cream
• ½ bottle Bloom Farms CBD Tincture*
• 2 Tbsp granulated sugar, to finish
1. Set your sous vide water bath to 181.4ºF (83ºC).
2. In a food processor, blend persimmon and chestnut puree until smooth.
3. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together egg yolks, granulated sugar, vanilla extract, and salt until smooth. Then whisk in heavy cream and the persimmon chestnut puree.
4. Pour the mixture into a quart-sized freezer-safe ziploc bag. Push all the air out and seal. When the water bath has reached its temperature, place the bag in the water and sous vide for 1 hour.
5. Remove the bag from the water bath and add Bloom Farms CBD tincture. Gently massage the bag until to evenly distribute the contents. Snip off a corner of the bag and divide the mixture among four 4 oz ramekins. Refrigerate to set for at least 3 hours.
6. Once you’re ready to serve, sprinkle about 1 ½ tsp granulated sugar to cover the top of the custard. Point the culinary blowtorch over the surface of the sugar and move the flame back and forth until the sugar has melted and caramelized. Enjoy!
*Feel free to substitute with your preferred dose of CBD or THC tincture if you’d like a stronger edible.