Salted Caramel Potcorn Popsicles: A Popup Potcorn Collab
Beat the sweltering July heat with these Salted Caramel Popcorn Popsicles made with Popup Popcorn’s cannabis-infused popcorn. Inspired by the classic caramel corn, this ice-cream pop is creamy, dreamy, and incredibly naughty. Everything you want on a wet hot summer day. With this recipe, each popsicle is a microdose of THC; if you’d like a more potent edible, feel free to substitute regular butter with your preferred dose of cannabis-infused butter.
Salted Caramel Potcorn Popsicles
Dosage: 10mg total*
• 1 bag Popup Potcorn, popped
• 1/2 cup butter*
• 1/2 cup brown sugar
• 2 Tbsp light corn syrup
• 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
• Pinch of baking soda
• 1 cup whole milk
• 2/3 cup heavy cream
• 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
• Pinch of sea salt
• 1 Tbsp cornstarch slurry
• Caramel sauce, to drizzle
• Flaky salt, to garnish
• Popsicle mold
1. Add Popup Potcorn in a large microwave safe bowl and set aside. In a medium sauce pan melt butter, brown sugar, corn syrup, vanilla extract, and baking soda. Pour over Potcorn and fold with a rubber spatula. Microwave for 30 seconds and fold again. Allow to cool and harden on a baking sheet.
2. In a saucepan, bring milk, heavy cream, brown sugar, and salt to a low simmer. Whisk in cornstarch slurry to thicken the mixture, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and and allow to cool.
3. Roughly crush the caramel Potcorn and add 1/4 cup in each popsicle mold. Fill the molds with the cream base. Freeze for 1 hour, add the popsicle stick, and freeze for an additional 8 hours.
4. Remove popsicles from mold and drizzle with caramel, flaky salt, and caramel Potcorn (optional,) Freeze for another 30 minutes before serving.
*Feel free to substitute regular butter with your preferred dose of cannabis-infused butter if you’d like a stronger edible.