Winter is coming! Squash the cold (and your munchies) with this medicated butternut squash soup made with coconut and our favorite winter herbs. This Coconut Butternut Squash Soup recipe from Libby Cooper is gluten-free and perfect for people with Celiac Disease. Sous Weed Avocuddle Oil is added for a pain-relieving, calming effect on the immune system that feels much like a warm hug.
Medicated Coconut Butternut Squash Soup
• 1/4 cup butter
• 1 onion, diced
• 4 cloves of garlic, minced
• 2 Tbsp Fresh ginger - grated
• 1 Tbsp Fresh turmeric - grated
• 5 carrots, halved
• 1 butternut squash, peeled and roughly cubed
• 1/2 can of coconut milk
• 1/4 cup Sous Weed avocuddle oil
• 4 cups water
• 2 tsp cumin
• 1 tsp nutmeg
• 1 tsp paprika
• 1 tsp sage
• salt and pepper to taste
1. Pre-heat oven to 400ºF degrees.
2. In a very large pot, sauté the onions over medium heat. Add the the minced garlic when onion are golden brown.
3. Meanwhile, place carrots and squash onto a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
4. Add carrots, butternut squash, ginger, and turmeric to the pot. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. After 5, add two cups of water, salt, and pepper.
5. Place a lid on the pot and let simmer for 20 minutes.
6. With an immersion blender, puree the contents of the pot. Taste and add your spices. Add one more cup of water, avocuddle oil, and coconut milk. Cover and let simmer for another 10 minutes.
7. Blend again. And serve!