Jerk chicken reminds me of my first apartment after college in Crown Heights. It makes me nostalgic for stoop-sitting, a cold beer in hand in the dead of summer, with the smell of curry, spices, and weed in the air.
I made these wings sous vide to infuse the spices and to keep the meat tender & juicy (nothing worse than dry chicken!) I also used my medicated kief-honey to make it extra special.
Stoner Jerk Chicken Wings
• 6 chicken wings
• 2 Tbsp Caribbean jerk seasoning
* 1 tsp canola oil
• 1 tsp kief-honey
1. Set your sous vide water bath to 77ºC (170.6ºF).
2. In a small bowl, mix together the jerk seasoning, oil, and kief-honey. Toss in your chicken wings and give it a good coating.
3. In a freezer-safe zip bag, seal the seasoned chicken wings using the water displacement method. Sous vide for 2 hours.
4. After 2 hours, remove from water bath and take out your blowtorch or fire up your cast iron!
5. If using a cast iron, heat it on medium-high with a little canola oil. Once hot, give your chicken wings a nice char on each side for about 1-2 minutes. If using a blowtorch... be safe and have fun, ya pyro!