I'm all about natural alternatives to refined sugars and honey is one of my faves. Here's a recipe for a quick and tasty kief-infused honey to use in your sweet treats and tea!
Sous Vide Kief Honey
Makes 1 cup
• 1 cup honey
• 1 g kief and/or crushed flowers, depending on desired potency
1. Take your kief and flowers and use the sous vide decarb method to maximize the THC potency.
2. Set your sous vide water bath to 85ºC (185ºF).
3. Pour your honey into a mason jar and mix in the decarbed cannabis. Seal the jar and gently submerge into your water bath. Sous vide for 2 hours.
4. After two hours, remove from water bath and strain.
5. Try 1/2 to 1 tsp at a time for each serving!
*Note: The amount of cannabis honey specified in this recipe is a very loose suggestion; the actual amount you use should be modified based on the strength of your honey and the potency you desire. Dosing homemade edibles can be tricky, so the best way to test for potency is to start with one portion of a serving, in this case, one teaspoon, and wait one to two hours, then make an informed decision on whether to consume more. Always dose carefully and listen to your body, and never drive under the influence of cannabis.