Very Don Draper of me, but Old-Fashioneds were my go-to cocktails during my former advertising days. This cocktail is old as heck! Fun fact--the recipe for an Old-Fashioned dates back to the early 1800's!
I'll still indulge in a glass every once in awhile especially during the cooler months. Try it with a dash of medicated orange bitters for a great night cap!
• 1 dash of medicated orange bitters
• 1/2 oz simple syrup
• 2 oz rye or bourbon
• 1 maraschino cherry
• 1 orange peel, pith removed
1. In Old-Fashioned glass, combine simple syrup and bitters.
2. Fill glass with a large ice cube and stir dozen times.
3. Squeeze orange peel over glass to extract oils, add peel to glass, and add your rye or bourbon.
4. Stir until drink is cold, about a dozen times and garnish with the cherry.