Here's a smoky, flavor-packed, lightly-medicated afternoon snack to help you power through the rest of day. Sardines are loaded with protein, omega-3 fatty acids, calcium, iron and potassium when packed in water, the flavor is very mild so the medicated harissa really shines.
Medicated Harissa & Sardine Toast
• 1 seeded toast
• 1 piece sardine
• 1 small sweet pepper - sliced into rings
• 1 lemon wedge
• 1 Tbsp Greek yogurt
• 1 tsp harissa
• 1 tsp medicated avocado oil or medicated olive oil
• finishing salt to taste (I used Omnivore Salt)
• chopped parsley to garnish
1. In a small bowl, whip harissa, Greek yogurt, and medicated oil until uniform.
2. Spread harissa mixture onto seeded toast.
3. Top with a piece of sardine, sweet peppers, chopped parsley, and a lemon wedge.
4. Add a little finishing salt to taste.