I'm sitting here watching all these super fit athletes compete in the Olympics and kicking myself for eating leftover cake for breakfast. This refreshing quinoa salad made with fennel and raw cannabis made me feel a little better about my bad decisions though!
Fennel & Cannabis Quinoa Salad
• 3 Tbsp olive oil
• 1 large fennel bulb, thinly sliced
• 1 Tbsp cider vinegar
• 1 cup quinoa
• 1/4 cup frozen peas, defrosted
• 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
• 4 fresh cannabis leaves, chopped
• Handful parsley, chopped
• 1 Tbsp dill leaves, chopped
• 1/4 cup dried bing cherries
• 2 Tbsp toasted pine nuts
• 1 lemon - juiced
• Zest of 1 lemon
• Salt and pepper to taste
• 2 Finger limes, optional
• Dollop of Greek yogurt
1. Add olive oil to skillet over medium-high heat. Sear fennel lightly until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add vinegar and a pinch of salt and cook for another minute. Remove from heat.
2. Boil a small pot of water and add quinoa. Cook according to the package or for about 8 minutes until soft. Drain the quinoa, rinse with cold water, and drain again.
3. Mix in fennel, peas, jalapenos, dried bing cherries, pine nuts, lemon juice, lemon zest, finger limes, parsley, cannabis, and dill. Mix gently and salt and pepper to taste. Serve with a dollop of greek yogurt.
Many thanks to our friends at Potbox for the fresh cannabis leaves!