I've got my feet on the ground and my head in egg clouds! I'm trying to dream up different ways to use all the fresh cannabis chimichurri that we made. I've found that it's great on steak, chicken, tacos, and eggs! I spotted these cloud-like eggs on Instagram and I had to make it for myself. The egg whites are whipped to stiff peaks and quickly baked with the yolk on top. The fluffy texture is a bit unusual but it's definitely a unique way to remix your breakfast eggs!
Chimichurri Egg Clouds
• 2 large eggs
• 1 Tbsp fresh cannabis chimichurri
• Pinch of salt and pepper
• Shaved parmesan
• Drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 375˚F.
2. Separate the yolks from the whites--be careful not to break the yolks!
3. Put the egg whites in a bowl and and whisk until the peaks are stiff and hold their shape. A hand-mixer will really help make this process easier.
4. Gently fold salt in with a rubber spatula. Don't mix because the whites will deflate.
5. Using the rubber spatula, scoop the egg white mixture onto a non-stick silicone baking mat in 2 mounds. Make a little well in the center of each mound and gently spoon an egg yolk into each well.
6. Bake for 10 minutes.
7. Remove from oven and season with another pinch of salt, a drizzle of fresh chimichurri, olive oil, and shaved parmesan on top. Serve immediately!
Many thanks to our friends at Potbox for the fresh cannabis leaves!