Rainbow Summer Rolls & Mango Turmeric Dip
Props to Kyra and Libby for hosting the most colorful Pot Pride Party! It was wonderful to celebrate love and living loud with some of the best in the industry. Kyra did a killer job pulling off an epic veggie spread, rainbow pizzas, and a multi-layered rainbow ice-cream cake. I was honored to provide the Sous Weed olive oil to medicate her various dips.
Huge shout out to the sponsors Honeypot Supply, Elephant Rolling Papers, The Kush Queens, California Wellness, and Chron Vivant for providing so many goodies. All the proceeds from the event were donated to the SF LGBT Center.
Below is a recipe for rainbow summer rolls with a medicated mango turmeric dip I also provided for the spread!
Summer Rainbow Rolls and Mango Turmeric Dip
Makes 12 summer rolls
Ingredients for Summer Rolls
• 4 oz rice vermicelli
• 12 round rice paper, 9"
• 1 cup red cabbage, thinly sliced
• 1 cup green cabbage, thinly sliced
• 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
• 1 cup fresh basil leaves, chiffonade
• 1/4 cup fresh mint, chiffonade
• 1 cup Japanese cucumber, cut into matchstick-size pieces
• 1 jalapeno, halved, deseeded and finely sliced
• 1 cup carrot, cut into matchstick-size pieces
• 1 cup daikon, cut into matchstick-size pieces
• 1 Honeycrisp apple, cut into matchstick-size pieces and soaked in salt water
Ingredients for Mango Turmeric Dip
• 1 ripe mango
• 2 Tbsp tahini
• 1 lime, juiced
• 1" ginger
• 2 tsp turmeric
• 1 Tbsp Sous Weed Olive Oil
• 1 1/2 tsp Honeypot or Sous Weed Honey
• 1/2 tsp brown sugar
Directions for Summer Rolls
1. Cook the rice noodles according to the package directions. Drain and set aside.
2. Place all of the ingredients in separate containers and arrange them in rainbow colors around a flat work surface with the rice noodles and rice paper off to the side.
3. Place a clean, damp kitchen towel on a work surface. Fill a wide shallow dish large enough to hold the rice paper wrappers with hot water. Working with 1 wrapper at a time, completely submerge the wrapper until it is soft and pliable, about 10 seconds. Place the wrapper on the clean towel.
4. Quickly add the rainbow veggies down on the bottle 2/3 of the wrapper making sure to leave 1" of space around all sides. Add a small pile of rice noodles on top of the veggies before you begin rolling. Fold the bottom half of the rice paper wrapper over the filling. Holding the whole thing firmly in place, fold the east and west sides of the wrapper in. Then, pressing firmly down to hold the folds in place, roll the entire wrapper horizontally up from the bottom to the top.
5. Set aside and cover with plastic wrap. Mist with water periodically to keep soft before serving.
Direction for Mango Turmeric Dip
1. Put all ingredients in a blender to puree. Taste and add more sugar if needed.
2. Serve with summer rolls.