Barely High Sea Glass: A Collab with Nikki Furrer
This medicated sea glass candy looks like the real deal! I recently teamed up with Nikki Furrer and Workman Publishing to make this Barely High Sea Glass hard candy from A Woman's Guide to Cannabis: Using Marijuana to Feel Better, Look Better, Sleep Better--and get High Like a Lady. It’s a comprehensive but fun read with excellent recipes. This recipe was adapted with my Sous Weed alcohol-based tincture where I used a strain with bright, fruity terpenes to add some personality to the candies.
Barely High Sea Glass
Yields 16 (strong) or 32 (mild) quarter-ounce servings
• 3.5 grams (for a mild effect) or 7 grams (for a strong effect) cannabis flower
• 2 ounces Sous Weed Cannabis-Infused Vodka
• Nonstick cooking spray
• 1 cup granulated sugar
• ¼ cup water
• ¼ cup light corn syrup
• 2–3 drops food coloring
• 1 teaspoon flavoring, I used apple and anise
• 1 cup powdered sugar
1. Infuse cannabis into Everclear (or vodka).
2. Spray an 8 x 8-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
3. In a heavy pot, mix the sugar and water over high heat. Stir until all of the sugar dissolves. Use a small brush to wipe the mixture from the sides of the pot.
4. Add the corn syrup and food coloring. Attach a candy thermometer to the pot and bring the mixture to a boil. Do not stir as the temperature rises. Prepare an ice bath large enough to hold the pot.
5. At 300°F, remove pot from heat and place in an ice bath.
6. When the syrup has stopped boiling, add flavoring and infused alcohol. Use a small silicone spatula and stir well.
7. Pour the syrup into the baking pan. Tilt the pan back and forth to evenly spread syrup. Allow to cool at room temperature.
8. When set, break the sheet into bite-sized pieces.
9. Lightly coat each piece with powdered sugar to keep them from sticking together. Use a food scale to measure out quarter-ounce servings. Store in a cool, dry place for a few weeks.
Original recipe excerpted from A Woman’s Guide to Cannabis: Using Marijuana to Feel Better, Look Better, Sleep Better—and Get High Like a Lady by Nikki Furrer (Workman Publishing). Copyright © 2018.