Currently chowing down on some smoky, buffalo soldier shrimp... singing woy yoy yoy, woy yoy-yoy yoy, woy yoy yoy, yoy yoy, yoy yoy, yoy!
Buffalo Soldier Shrimp
Ingredients for Shrimp
• 2 lbs medium-sized shrimp, peeled and de-veined
• 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
• 1 cedar plank from Three Rivers Gastronomy (optional)
Ingredients for Buffalo Sauce
• 2 tsp chili powder
• 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
• 2 tsp smoked paprika
• 2 tsp garlic powder
• 1/4 cup white vinegar
• 2 tsp raw, unfiltered honey
• 3 Tbsp ghee-anja
• Celery greens to garnish (optional)
• Blue cheese crumbles to garnish (optional)
1. Set your sous vide water bath to 60ºC (140ªF).
2. Seal shrimp, olive oil, and optional cedar plank (I got mine from Three Rivers Gastronomy) in a gallon sized bag with a vacuum sealer or using the water displacement method. Make sure the shrimp lays flat in the bag so it cooks evenly. Sous vide for 15 minutes.
3. In the meantime, mix vinegar, chili powder, cayenne, smoked paprika, garlic powder, vinegar, honey, and ghee-anja in a small sauce pan over medium heat. Simmer until it becomes thick then remove from heat.
4. Remove shrimp from water bath. Make sure the shrimp is pink and firm, if it's still grey, make sure it's not overlapping and place back into the water bath for another 5 minutes.
5. Drain the liquid from the bag and discard.
6. In a mixing bowl, toss the medicated buffalo sauce with the shrimp until fully coated.
7. Serve over a bed of veggies and garnish with blue cheese and celery greens. Enjoy!