I enjoy my nugs smoked or deep-fried.
Chick-fil-A-Inspired Chicken 'Nugs'
Ingredients for Sous Vide Chicken Nuggets
• 2 lbs chicken breast - cubed into nugget sizes
• 1/4 cup dill pickle juice
• 1 Tbsp salt
• 2 sprigs fresh oregano
Spice Mix Ingredients
• 2 eggs
• 1/2 Tbsp whole milk
• 3 Tbsp canna-butter, melted
• 1 cup AP flour
• 1 Tbsp smoked paprika
• 1 Tbsp onion powder
• 1 Tbsp garlic powder
• 1/2 Tbsp salt
• 1/2 tsp cracked black pepper
1. Set your sous vide water bath to 60ºC (140ºF).
2. In a gallon sized freezer-safe zip bag, seal the cubed chicken breast, salt, oregano, and pickle juice using the water displacement method. Be sure the chicken pieces aren't overlapping--this will cause uneven cooking. Sous vide for an hour and 30 minutes.
3. In a small bowl whisk together the eggs, milk, and melted canna-butter. Set aside.
4. In a large mixing bowl, mix together AP flour, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Set aside.
5. After 1.5 hours, remove chicken from the water bath and drain and discard the jus. Pour the medicated egg mixture into the bag and give it a good shake to make sure every piece of chicken is coated.
6. Pour the chicken from the bag into the large mixing bowl with the dry spice mix. Toss until every piece is evenly covered and dry.
7. Fill a large cast iron skillet with an inch of canola oil. Heat on medium-high heat.
8. Once hot, place a layer of chicken in the skillet and quickly fry on each side until golden brown. It should only take 15-20 seconds on each side since the chicken is already completely cooked. Repeat until all the chicken has been fried.