I don't do sports but I'm all about that Super Bowl Sunday spread. My buddies, Nicholle and Leigh from Epicurean Creative, came up with a brilliant medicated little smokies idea. I like my teeny weenies to pack a punch so I added smoky chipotle powder and sous weed kief honey. Game time!
Medicated Chipotle Honey Lil Smokies
• 12oz Lil Smokies
• 1/4 cup kief honey
• 2 Tbsp tomato paste
• 2 Tbsp brown sugar
• 2 Tbsp dark soy sauce
• 4 cloves garlic, rough chop
• 1 tsp chipotle powder
• 2 Tbsp butter
• Fried shallots for garnish -optional
1. Melt butter in a cast iron skillet on medium high. Once melted, add in chopped garlic and lil smokies and cook for 2 minutes.
2. Turn the heat to low and pour in kief honey, brown sugar, soy sauce, tomato paste, and chipotle powder. Simmer on low for 5 minutes or until the sauce has caramelized onto the little smokies.
3. Remove from heat and top with fried shallots. Serve hot.