Bloody Mary Jane: A CBD Adaptation
It's Friyay! I've already kicked off the weekend with this cannabis-infused twist on a classic brunch cocktail. I take my Bloody Marys very seriously and I make everything from scratch. This is also a great opportunity to bust out your culinary blow torch if you have one.
This mix is an extra smoky, non-alcoholic adaptation of our original Bloody Mary Jane recipe with cannabis-infused vodka. The alcohol is completely optional. For a healthier, mocktail version, add a dropper full of your favorite CBD tincture.
Bloody Mary Jane Recipe
• 5 medium sized tomatoes - quartered
• 3 garlic cloves
• 1 jalapeño - split in half
• 1 small shallot - split in half
• 1/2 lime - juiced
• 1 handful cilantro
• 1 tsp Tabasco
• 1 Tbsp Worcestershire
• 1 Tbsp horseradish
• 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
• 1/2 tsp cracked pepper
• 2 Tbsp cannabis-infused olive oil or your favorite CBD tincture
• 2 Tbsp sous vide cannabis-infused vodka, optional
• 1/4 cup water
• Salt to taste
• Celery stalks, to garnish
• Lime or lemon wedges, to garnish
1. On a wire rack over a sheet pan, lay out your tomatoes, garlic, jalapeño, and shallot. Using your culinary blow torch, give the veggies a nice char. If you don't have a blow torch, you can place the veggies in the oven and broil on high for a few minutes to get some color.
2. Put all the charred veggies, cilantro, horseradish, lime juice, Tabasco, Worcestershire, smoked paprika, cracked pepper, optional sous vide cannabis-infused vodka or cannabis-infused tincture, and water in a blender to puree until smooth.
3. Salt the Bloody Mary Jane mix to taste.
4. Fill four highball glasses 1/3 full with ice. Fill the rest with the Bloody Mary Jane mix. Give it a little stir and garnish with your favorite munchies!