Just like the cannabis-infused butter, it's super easy to infuse cannabis into your olive oil with the sous vide technique. Since you can fit many mason jars in a sous vide water bath, imagine the all the different flavored oil concoctions you can whip up all in one sitting! This technique is simple and discreet--no smell! You can just set it and forget it.
Sous Vide Cannabis-Infused Olive Oil
Makes 16 oz
• 16 oz extra virgin olive oil
• 1/4 oz - 1/2 oz cannabis clippings/trim or flowers (add more or less depending on desired potency)
1. Pour olive oil in two 12oz mason jars. It is important to use jars specific to canning, so please no repurposed mayo jars. Inspect the jar for cracks. A freezer-safe zip bag may be used as well.
2. Decarb your cannabis to activate the THC and pour half into each jar of olive oil. Seal the jars finger tight.
3. Set your sous vide water bath to 85ºC (185ºF).
4. Once the sous vide water bath has reached its temp, gently place the jars in the water bath.
5. Sous vide for 4 hours. Remove from water bath and strain. Discard the clippings and allow the infused olive oil to cool. Store in a cool dark place.
*Note: The amount of cannabis olive oil specified in this recipe is a very loose suggestion; the actual amount you use should be modified based on the strength of your olive oil and the potency you desire. Dosing homemade edibles can be tricky, so the best way to test for potency is to start with one portion of a serving, in this case, one teaspoon, and wait one to two hours, then make an informed decision on whether to consume more. Always dose carefully and listen to your body, and never drive under the influence of cannabis.