Popcorn Grits with Curried Shrimp: A Popup Potcorn Collab
Got popcorn? Make grits! I know it sounds crazy but it’s ooey, gooey comfort food at its best.
I’ve eaten a lot of grits growing up in the south and I still get excited when I see shrimp and grits on the menu—I have to order it! Shrimp and grits is an iconic Southern comfort dish that’s quick to whip up but it’s made even quicker with Popup Potcorn. This curried version contains 10mg of CBD per serving. If you would like a more potent THC edible, feel free to substitute regular butter with your preferred dose of cannabis-infused butter.
Popup Potcorn Grits with Curried Shrimp
Dosage: 10mg per serving
• 2 bags CBD Popup Potcorn, popped
• 1 Tbsp butter*
• 2 cups whole milk
• Salt to taste
• 8 large shrimp, peeled
• 1 tsp vegetable oil
• 1/3 cup coconut cream
• 1/2 Tbsp Madras curry powder
• 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
• 1/4 tsp fish sauce
• Juice of 1/4 lime
• Scallions, to garnish
• Hot sauce, to finish
1. In a saucepan, bring milk and butter to a simmer. Add popped Popup Potcorn and cook for 2 minutes on medium heat. Pour into a food processor to puree. Thin out with hot water if consistency is too thick. Salt to taste.
2. Toss shrimp in vegetable oil and set aside. In a small mixing bowl, add coconut cream, Madras curry powder, ground turmeric, fish sauce, and lime juice.
3. Heat grill pan on high. Sear shrimp 2 minutes on each side, until opaque. Toss cooked shrimp in the curry sauce.
4. To serve, prepare two bowls of grits, top with curried shrimp, scallions, and a couple drops of hot sauce.
* If you would like a more potent THC edible, feel free to substitute regular butter with your preferred dose of cannabis-infused butter.