Avocado oil is one of the top five foods highest in vitamin E, rich in anti-inflammatory oleic acids, and it's great for you from the outside in and inside out ;)
That said, medicated avocado oil (avocuddle oil, if you will) is a great addition to your nightstand. Avocuddle oil can be used for massage, as a topical pain-relieving salve, and even as a tingly personal lubricant.
There are medicated personal lubricants popping up on the market, the most popular being Foria, which sells for $76 for a 30ml (1 oz) bottle. This recipe makes 8 oz of lubricant using organic hybrid trim that I got for $24. You can grab a 16 oz bottle of organic avocado oil from Whole Foods for about $8.
Alright, let's get down and dirty.
Makes 16 oz
• 16 oz avocado oil (or substitute with coconut oil)
• 1/4 - 1/2 oz cannabis clippings/trim or flowers (add more or less depending on your desired potency)
1. First you need to decarb your trim to activate the THC. You can decarb using the sous vide method or you can wrap the trim in foil and place in the oven at 310ºF for 10-18 minutes. You know it's ready when it starts smelling like a Christmas tree.
2. Set your sous vide water bath to 85ºC (185ºF).
3. Pour the avocado or coconut oil in a large canning jar and add the warm, decarbed trim. Seal the jar and place into the water bath to sous vide for 4 hours to fully infuse.
4. After 4 hours, gently remove jar from water bath and let cool.
5. Strain out the trim with a cheese cloth and discard.
6. Keep the oil in a cool dark place or in the fridge.
*Note: The amount of cannabis avocado oil specified in this recipe is a very loose suggestion; the actual amount you use should be modified based on the strength of your avocado oil and the potency you desire. Dosing homemade edibles and topicals can be tricky, so the best way to test for potency is to start with one portion of a serving, in this case, one teaspoon, and wait one to two hours, then make an informed decision on whether to consume more. Always dose carefully and listen to your body, and never drive under the influence of cannabis.